National Home Staging Statistics:
Staged homes sell 85% faster with a 586% return on investment! *Home Gain
A staged vacant home sells 67% faster than leaving it empty.*National Association of Realtors.
Staged homes sell on average 7% more money than Un¬Staged homes.
Only 10% of home buyers can visualize the full potential of a home. *Home Gain
Buyers judge a home based off first impressions. This happens under 4 minutes! *Real Estate Staging Association
63% of Buyers will pay more for “Move In Ready” homes. *Maritz Survey on Buyers
A survey of 2,800 properties revealed staged homes sell in half the time of un-staged homes. *Coldwell Banker
Staged homes will sell 17% higher listing price than a home not staged. *US Housing and Urban Development
The average staging investment is between 1% and 3% of the asking price which generates a return of 8% to 10% ROI *National Association of Realtors
Staged homes stand out from the rest on MLS. This is important considering 95% of buyers find their next home online
Staged Homes that sell in the first 4 weeks average 1% more than the list price.
Unstaged Homes averaged 1%-5% less than list price.
U.S. research states that home staging reduced time on the market by 1/3 -1/5 and fetched 6% to 20% more than unstaged. *Wikipedia
In controlled tests, selling identical homes, professionally staged VS those not staged, non-staged houses sold in 102 days, while the staged homes sold under 35 days. *Real Estate Staging Association
According to a 2015 study these are the top updates that will result in the greatest return on your investment.
Clean and declutter: 872%
Lighten & brighten: 572%
Landscaping (both front and back): 473%
Paint interior: 250%
Update kitchen: 237%
Update bathroom: 172%
JUST THE FACTS:
• Staged homes appeal to a broader range of buyers thus creating more showings and offers.
• Home staging consultations remove "buyer objections" which alleviates buyer's asking for concessions. (Lowering the price)
• Staging creates a higher sales price. (Statistic is that staged homes can receive 7%-10% more than listing price)
• Staging creates "Move In Ready" homes. People don't have time to fix up homes these days, they want instant gratification!
• Staged homes have a marketing advantage over unstaged homes.
• Home staging saves seller's tons of money, especially if they are paying two mortgages.
• Staging places the emphasis back on the homes best features, not the lifestyle of the seller.
• Buyer's are apt to buy a staged home because they know the maintenance issues and outdated elements have been rectified.
• Staging helps seller's mentally and physically prepare for moving.